Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Red Blazer Girls


I grew up on Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden, saved my money so each summer I could buy a bunch of books while on vacation and those two series were always on my list of purchases. When I read some of the reviews about Michael D. Beil's Red Blazer Girls they reference both Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden a few times as comparisons are offered up. Much as I loved the super sleuths of my era, the Red Blazer Girls are such a step above the mysteries I read. I loved this book. I loved how smart these girls are and the real clues they had to go on. I loved that bits of literature (Dickens in particular in this book) and math are thrown in. I am so hoping this is the beginning of what could be an incredible mystery series. I devoured the entire book today after what was initially a slow start (so don't give up on this one after the first chapter). I will be waiting for the next installment quite anxiously.

No comments: