Thursday, May 7, 2009

Some Cute New Picture Books




I have just read two new VERY CUTE picture books last night for bedtime.


Farley Follows His Nose by Lynn Johnston follows the adventures of Farley the dog, freshly clean after a bath, following the many smells he encounters as he travels around the neighborhood, arriving at his home (finally) smelly and needing another bath. The illustrations are delightful, and I enjoyed reading all the different things that Farley smelled as he was out and about.


Splat the Cat by Rob Scotton is also a delightful picture book. Splat is getting ready for his first day of school. He isn't very excited about being away from home and decides to bring his mouse friend, Seymour along. Splat enjoys himself at school, and while he is excited to see his mother at the end of the day, is also happy to come back to school again. I loved the illustrations - adding touches of color to black and white backgrounds.


Both of these books are wonderful read alouds and I will be purchasing these for my school collection to have as well.

1 comment:

Peaceful Reader said...

I do love Splat the cat but hadn't heard of Farley-thanks!