Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed


Several years ago when I first started reading Mo Willems' books - specifically Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus - I was not very impressed. I just didn't like the humor, or maybe I didn't get the humor, but whatever the issue was, I was not very impressed. Willems continued to write Pigeon books that I read and ordered, but not very enthusiastically. Then he wrote Knuffle Bunny and I fell in love with it. I love, love, love that book. My oldest daughter read and re-read that book and laughed hysterically each time. I was thrilled to see Knuffle Bunny Too and love that one just as much as the first. So, now Willems has written The Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed and I am admitting that over time I somehow have come to really enjoy Mo Willems' books. I have shared The Naked Mole Rat with several classes -lower and upper elementary and all of them have enjoyed it a great deal. This book is just a lot of fun.

No comments: