Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Little Mouse's Big Book of Fears

I LOVE this book! It is so cute and clever and I am always impressed with new picture books that are being published now. They are a world away from the books I grew up with. Emily Gravett's illustrations are wonderful and I am so anxious to share this for story time. Mouse is scared of everything. Like spiders. And water. And knives (the illustration of the 3 blind mice makes me laugh since they got their tail chopped off with a carving knife). At the top of each page a phobia is listed because Mouse has a lot of those . I just had our music teacher read this over her lunch hour and she laughed a lot, too. Anyone needing a cute picture book as a Christmas gift should consider this one. Did I tell you how much I love it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have such mixed feelings about this book! I bought it because I think the illustrations are so clever! But I when I read it out loud to my class, I think most of it kind of went over their heads. See...I love it...but I don't...I can't decide!