Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Monday Mini-Reviews: Summer Romance

 I fell in love with Annabel Monaghan's first book Nora Goes Off Script when it was published two years ago.  I enjoyed her sophomore novel last summer as well.  This year's Summer Romance is absolute perfection.





Ali Morris and her husband are divorcing and after years of neglecting herself Ali takes off her wedding ring and puts on hard pants sometimes.  When her dog introduces himself to a man at the dog park by peeing on him, the two start talking.  I'm sure you can see where this is going....

But as all good rom-coms go, there are some obstacles in the way: Ali's soon to be ex-husband who still expects her to drop everything to accommodate him, the fact that Ethan lives in a different town and Ali doesn't plan on moving, and the fact that Ethan is "Scooter" the irresponsible younger brother of Ali's good friend.  

Once I started this, I couldn't put it down.  Monaghan's book is everything a good rom-com should be.  

Next summer - which hopefully contains another rom-com by Monaghan- seems so far away.  

I've been reading a lot so far in June.  Summer school has begun, which is taking a bit of my time, but I'm staying up a bit later every night and enjoying this extra leisure reading time.  

No comments: