Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Middle Grade and YA: Looking Ahead


 

It's October already and there are lots of middle grade and YA books coming out that I've been anxiously looking forward to for months.  Here are some highlights:





Holler of the Fireflies by David Barclay Moore -I read his book The Stars Beneath Our Feet and loved it, so I've got high hopes for this one. 

Haven Jacobs Saves the Planet by Barbara Dee- I've had good luck with some of Dee's books and she's become an auto-buy author for me.

I Am Superman by Brad Meltzer. This is part of Meltzer's picture book biography series and although elementary kids enjoy them, I've also got plenty of middle school kids who read them, too.

One More Mountain by Deborah Ellis - this is the fifth book in the Breadwinner series and I'm excited to check in with Shauzia and Parvana again

The Real Dada Mother Goose by John Scieszka - I never know exactly what to expect from Scieszka but I love his creativity.  


Two Degrees by Alan Gratz- this author is probably my most checked out author (aside from graphic novels) and I'm excited that kids will have another book of his to read- and on a topic they  may not have thought much about.

No comments: