Monday, October 26, 2020

Non-Fiction Tuesday: Celebrity Memoirs

 Normally I would much rather read a memoir about a regular person who isn't famous.  However, the odd celebrity memoir does still appeal to me.  


Here are some fall releases that I'm looking forward to:



Songteller by Dolly Parton with Robert Germann -The more I know about Dolly Parton, the more impressed I am with her.  This book contains memorabilia from Parton's archives that have never been released before and focuses on 175 of her songs.  I'm not sure this is a book I would read from beginning to end, but I am certainly curious about it.




Let Love Rule by Lenny Kravitz with David Ritz- I don't know much about Kravitz, except that he and Lisa Bonet (who I watched in the 80s on the Cosby Show) have a child together. But I am not picky. I find most people fascinating and he certainly seems like his life is different enough from mine that I could be entertained and amazed by it.



The Meaning of Mariah Carey by Mariah Carey with Michaela Angela Davis -I listened to Carey a lot during my freshman year of college when my roommate had her album on repeat every night.  I like her music and wouldn't mind catching up with this music icon.


There seems to be a music theme to these memoirs, but I assure you I'd be happy to read a book about an athlete, actor, or just a regular 'ol joe.  


What are your recommendations?

No comments: