Friday, February 15, 2019

Friday Five

A few years ago when I attended the state wrestling tournament in Des Moines, I walked around without a jacket and wore shoes without socks. I even bought a pair of flip flops to wear because it was so warm. This year my husband and oldest two daughters left in the midst of a blizzard for a long and treacherous trip to Des Moines.  They arrived safely on Monday night and won't come back until Sunday (when snow is also in the forecast).  

Despite the very wintery weather, I am starting to find spring things online that I would love to buy.  







1.  Resisterhood Distressed Trucker's Hat - I love how hats look on other people, and am totally loving the plaid of this one.  I always feel like I look ridiculous in hats, but if I could carry them off, this is one I'd buy.









2.  Organic-Cotton Cowl-Neck Sweater - casual, comfortable, a little bit of warmth for some cold spring days. I like the color which seems a little more like spring than winter.






3.  Sofft Sommers III Slip-on Sneakers -this style of sneaker is all over right now. I still have co-workers who wear them daily - without socks!! and we have tons of snow on the ground!! - I need warmer weather to wear this shoe because I absolutely have to dress warmly in the winter or I am freezing all day long.







4.  Leopard Printer Sweater- despite the fact that I love leopard print, I don't own a single leopard print clothing item aside from a scarf.  I love this sweater that would look great with a pair of black pants.








5.  Everyday Cashmere Crewneck Sweater With Leopard Heart - and I love this leopard print heart on this sweater.  


everyday cashmere crewneck sweater with leopard heart



6.  The Reeds X JCrew Rugby Sweater with Side Buttons - there is always a lot of navy featured for spring.  I like the stripes and the side buttons. 

the reeds x j.crew rugby sweater with side buttons : women sweaters



7.  Evangeline Linen Tunic - this tunic comes in several prints and I like them all.  I also think it could be worn as a swimsuit cover up.







8.  Helena Chino Skirt - this skirt also comes in a variety of colors, but I always love a good print on a chino skirt.  






9.  Chambray Ruffle Shirt Dress - a few years ago I got to visit Reese Witherspoon's store, Draper James. Much of the clothing is out of my price range, but there are sales, and if this dress goes on sale, I might have to invest in it.  I love the ruffle on it, and a little cardigan would be super cute if worn over top.







10.  Broken Harts Podcast - my youngest daughter and I started listening to this and she has made me promise not to listen to it without her.  This is a true-crime story of two women who married and adopted six children together.  Although they seemed like the perfect family, there were charges of child abuse that were being investigated and the family perished in a car accident, when one of the women drove the entire family off a cliff.  The story is fascinating and heartbreaking.





That's it for me this week.  What's caught your eye?

1 comment:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Love #2, that comfy cowl. It's amazing, after all these years I've never lost my love of good books or fine clothing LOL