Friday, July 13, 2018

Friday Five


I've been on vacation for a little over a week - first to northern Minnesota where we stayed with some friends for a few days at their cabin, then to Missoula, Montana, where my husband's brother and his family live, and then to Banff, Alberta, Canada.  We have put on a lot of miles this past week. We have eaten good food, visited with good friends, and seen many interesting things.

And despite all of that, I did manage to get online one day and finish up this post.  So, here are a few things that have caught my eye:







1.  Socker Plant Pot - a while ago I bought a ton of these little containers at IKEA.  I use them for markers, pens, and other things on my desk at school. They are super cheap and something small that gives me joy.






2.  Twisted Neck Top - after I had to figure out a dressy outfit with little warning last month, I have been looking at different dressy items. I like this shirt, which has some interesting detail to it. 








3.  Ripple Effect Dress - Title Nine always has fun dresses that can be worn every day.  








4.  Whisper Cotton Stripe T - Nordstrom's semi-annual sale started yesterday, July 12, and I have found a lot of stuff I would love to add to my closet.  This shirt satisfies my love for all things stiped.






5.  Agate Long Pendant Necklace - this necklace should go right along with my dress clothes shopping.  







6.  Sherbet Stripe Button Back Tie Tee - vertical stripes are an interesting twist to my stripe love.  I feel like this would look great with white capris or shorts.






7.  The Sidestroke - The Today show did a segment on swimming suits a week or so ago. This suit was featured as one that looks good on all body types. I may prove them wrong, but I have looked at my suits and really would like something besides the Lands End suits that I have purchased for a long time.  I really, really like this suit which comes in a few color options.










8.   Platform Sandal Chocolat Blu - This popped up on my instagram feed a few weeks ago. I am hoping these sandals will go on sale at Nordstrom, and I've been watching them for a while now.





9.  Women Cotton Crewneck T in Creston Stripe - and yet another stripe T.  I love the red and white, which could be worn with white jeans or capris, or regular blue jeans.  

Whisper Cotton Crewneck Tee in Creston Stripe


10.  Younger Television Show - this show is so good....I watched the entire first season on Hulu in just a matter of days (impressive for me, although there are only 12 episodes), and laugh so hard at each episode.  LOVE!





That's it for me this week.  What's caught your eye?

1 comment:

Ti said...

The shoes are cute but after that spill I took three years ago, the one that I am still having treatments for, I stay away from platforms of any kind.

Your vacation sounds fun! You've been to so many places in such a short amount of time.