Monday, August 14, 2017

TLC Book Tour: Whispering In French

Whispering in French was a fast, entertaining read by a new to me author, Sophia Nash.



I thoroughly enjoyed the French setting of this story and especially appreciated Kate, a character I could identify with.  

Kate has come to France to convince her aging grandfather to sell his home. He, of course, does not like this idea despite the fact that he has run out of money to pay for it's upkeep.

Kate, who is a therapist, meets Major Edward Soames, who is with the British military and is suffering from PTSD. I especially appreciated her interactions with him and what her role as a therapist brought to their relationship.

Perhaps the only thing that I didn't enjoy was the portions of the novel where the animals speak to each other. I wasn't sure if this was essential to understanding the story later on (it wasn't), and as I'm not one to enjoy talking animals in my stories, this didn't appeal to me.  

Readers will enjoy the steady pace of this novel, the French setting, and the characters.

Thanks to TLC Book Tours for providing a copy of this book for my review.  All opinions expressed are, as always, my own.


For more information about Whispering In French, visit the HarperCollins website.

1 comment:

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

Thanks for being a part of the tour!