Tuesday, June 13, 2017

TLC Book Tour: Sweet Tea Tuesday


Ashley Farley's Sweet Tea Tuesday is the perfect read for a hot summer day.  I love a good Southern women's fiction novel and this book fit the bill.






Synopsis from Amazon:

Three best friends met every Tuesday for twenty-six years. And then they stopped. From the author of the bestselling Sweeney Sisters Series comes a novel of friendship, family, and hope. When new next-door neighbors Georgia, Midge, and Lula first assembled on Georgia’s porch in Charleston for sweet tea, they couldn’t have known their gathering was the beginning of a treasured tradition. For twenty-six years they have met on Tuesdays at four o’clock, watching the seasons change and their children grow up, supporting each other in good times and in bad. With their ambitions as different as their personalities, these best friends anticipate many more years of tea time. And then, one Tuesday, Georgia shares news that brings their long-standing social hour to an abrupt halt. And that’s only the beginning as unraveling secrets threaten to alter their friendship forever.


My Thoughts:

I loved all three women in this novel.  Each one had their own personality and issues they were dealing with that kept me entertained and wondering how their story would be resolved.  Georgia, Midge and Lula are in their fifties with grown children, and Farley does a nice job of showing that there is more to each of them than their role as a mother.  

The Southern setting reminds me a little of Mary Kay Andrews' books which I love, and I was easily able to transport myself to the neighborhood these women live in.

Fans of the Butternut Lake series will enjoy Sweet Tea Tuesday, and I'm anxious to read Farley's Sweeney Sisters series.


Thanks to TLC Book Tours for providing a copy of this book for my review.  All opinions expressed are, as always, my own.




2 comments:

Ashley Farley said...

Thanks so much for your flattering review and for hosting a stop on the book tour. I'm so glad you enjoyed Lula, Midge, and Georgia.

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

This sounds like a wonderful story to lose myself in by the pool this summer.

Thanks for being a part of the tour!