Tuesday, January 3, 2017

TLC Book Tours: Depraved Heart


It's been several years (at least) since I've read anything by Patricia Cornwell. At one point in my life, I was caught up with the Kay Scarpetta series, and even had time to anxiously await the next installment.  About the time Scarpetta's husband came back to life (well, he was never really dead), I had to take a break from the series. I just couldn't believe Scarpetta would have ever believed Benton Wesley were really dead if there was any possibility at all it wasn't true.

However, for nearly a year now I've been feeling a need to revisit this series. I really enjoyed reading these books, and was pleasantly surprised that TLC Book Tours offered Deprave Heart for review.





Scarpetta is at the scene of a suspicious death when she receives a message from her niece.  However, the message isn't from Lucy. Instead it is a video of Lucy's dorm room at Quantico from nearly twenty years ago.  That video sets Scarpetta off on a hunt for the person who is targeting Lucy, a woman that they once believed was killed in a helicopter crash.  

The death that Scarpetta is investigating is also all tied up in this dangerous game and she feels unable to trust anyone, including Benton or Marino, her long time partner.  

I had missed several installments in the series, but remembered Lucy and her quirks and the relationship she had with her aunt from earlier books.  I also loved seeing Marino and Benton again, too.  Although I might not pick to start on the twenty-third book if I were new to the series, reading this book full of twists and turns and more twists and turns would certainly give a good sample of what Cornwell's series is like.

I have no doubt I'll be ready to continue on with these books, and may even have to go back and catch up on what's been going on with these favorite characters over the past several books.

Thanks to TLC Book Tours for providing a copy of this book for my review.  All thoughts and opinions expressed are, as always, my own.


To find more information about this title, visit Harper Collins' website



1 comment:

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

I'm glad you enjoyed revisiting with the characters in this series!

Thanks for being a part of the tour.