Thursday, January 5, 2017

Three Celebrity Memoirs And A Book About a Show About Nothing

I'm not a big celebrity memoir reader, but three of them caught my eye this fall and I managed to get my hands on all of them and tear through them quickly. While I really enjoyed one, liked one, and was meh about the other one, I think I may have to try the celebrity memoir on audible.  Perhaps an audiobook would work better for me.




The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher - I know Carrie Fisher just died and I should rave about her book, but seriously, I didn't love it.  I've read her other books, and was also meh about those.  They are mildly entertaining but that's as far as it goes for me.  

Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick - I liked this one. Kendrick is funny and since I only knew her from Pitch Perfect, I did learn a lot about her - including way too much about her sex life.  Overall, this one was funny and fast and worth curling up with for an afternoon.

Talking As Fast As I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls and Everything in Between by Lauren Graham- this book cemented my love for Graham.  This is like talking to Loralei Gilmore for a few hours. Graham writes about her childhood, breaking into acting, her relationships and of course Gilmore Girls.  I can hardly wait for her next novel to be published.

And since I'm on a little pop culture kick with the celebrity memoirs, I thought I'd throw in another book that I've been enjoying:

Seinfeldia: How a Show About Nothing Changed Everything by Jennifer Keishin Armstrong - this is my latest Audible selection and I am loving revisiting episodes of Seinfeld.  Armstrong gives background information on how the show began, details about episodes that are funny and entertaining, information about actors, the network and pretty much anything related to the show.  I actually had to get out the first series on DVD and watch a few episodes and relive this fantastic sitcom for myself. 





I don't see any more celebrity memoirs in my near future, although there are several that look entertaining. Perhaps one will be my next Audible selection.  

No comments: