Wednesday, June 8, 2016

TLC: All Summer Long



A few weeks ago I reviewed Dorothea Benton Frank's book All The Single Ladies which has just been released in paperback.  Today I get to review her latest book, All Summer Long.

Dorothea Benton Frank's books are consistently great summer (or anytime, really) reads.  Just as in previous novels of Frank's I have read, this novel takes place in the South, although a portion does occur in New York City.  




Olivia is being forced to downsize. Her business is slow and she and her husband are moving to South Carolina, where he grew up.  Although this book is mostly about Olivia, we are also introduced to some friends who are incredibly wealthy. Olivia and her husband, Nick, travel with them in their private jet enjoying the luxury of the life that money has bought them.

I liked Olivia, but her flaws are pretty obvious - keeping her financial struggles from her husband being the main one. The plot that revolves around their friends Bob and Maritza and their marriage struggles entertained me more than the story centering around Olivia. As with most novels by Frank, this one is tied up neatly and you'll finish it with a smile on your face.

I liked this novel, but wasn't as drawn into it as I have been by some other novels by Dorothea Benton Frank.  Still, if you're looking for a beach read, enjoy a Southern setting, or novels that focus on the lifestyles of the wealthy, this will be right up your alley.

Thanks to TLC Book Tours for a copy of this book. All opinions shared are, as always, my own.




1 comment:

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

I'm so looking forward to summertime reading, and this author is definitely a great one to go to for beachy, summery books.

Thanks for being a part of the tour!