Friday, June 10, 2016

Friday Five: School's Out For Summer

Earlier this week my girls had their last day of school, and today it is my turn. The kids were done on Wednesday, but we had a day of meetings yesterday and today we get to pack things up and be on our way. YAY!  




The end of the year always makes me a little crazy because there is so much to do and on Tuesday I even got up at 3 AM and worked all day like crazy until after 10 that night. I think I am still paying for it because I have just been too exhausted these past two days to get up before work and exercise.

I've also been neglecting reading and online browsing.  However, I have come up with a few things that have caught my eye - some not clothing related at all. 

So here they are:

1. Locally Grown Ts - a few weeks ago I shared some Ts that I liked, and apparently I must need to refresh that portion of my wardrobe because I came across the Locally Grown brand last weekend and love the designs on front.  Seriously, I would like to wear any of them.


2.  Garbage Bowls- a few weeks ago we had a Oreo fluff disaster at our house.  My oldest daughter crammed the bowl of fluff into our already too full fridge. When Middle Sister opened the refrigerator door, the fluff splattered all over the inside of the fridge and the floor  - and my best bowl broke. So, I've been on the look-out to replace this bowl.  I decided Rachel Ray's garbage bowl is a great selection. The price is right and I loved the color.

3.  Best Damn Cherry Cola - summer seems like the perfect time to relax with an adult beverage in the evenings.  I saw these on a blog a while ago, and then noticed them when I was at the grocery store the other day.  My daughters were all excited because they love cherry cola, only to have their hopes dashed when they realized that alcohol was involved. I didn't love the taste, but I will happily drink the six pack I bought.




4.  Savannah Guthrie and I share the same birthday, although she's older, and I was excited to hear she is again pregnant.  And then I realized she will be nearly 45 when her baby is born.  Wow.    





5.  Osmo - Coding - Little Sister is busy using the new Osmo tool we just bought.  I have seen that Osmo is really marketing this and planning on being THE tool to teach coding to kids.  





6.  Lace Inset Poncho Style Top - because I feel guilty for not showing you any great clothes yet this week,  I feel like I should at least give you one or two items to look at.  I do really like this top from Nordstrom, but I'd like it even more if it went on sale.



7.  Gap Women Original 1969 Trapunto High Rise Shorts - I  need a  new pair of jean shorts, and have looked at a few options. I know that high rise shorts are making a comeback, but I'm not quite sold on them yet.  I'm intrigued by this pair from The Gap because of the pockets which give them a little dressier look.



So how about you? What's caught your eye this week?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I felt the same way about the cherry cola. There's a ginger ale one that is terrific tho.

Ti said...

I like how the taste of the cola did not appeal to you, but that you won't have any problem finishing the pack. LOL. Can't let it go to waste!

I love that t-shirt site you just shared. I am in love with the site Walk in Love. All of their t's are awesome to me. I have to buy one so I don't know how the sizes are.