Saturday, July 4, 2015

Fourth of July Treats

I made a great pasta dish earlier this week that my husband declared "restaurant good" but forgot to take a single picture. Since everyone enjoyed it so much I know I'll be making it again, I decided I'm saving that recipe for some future Saturday.

Instead, I'll share my daughters' cooking. They're excited about the Fourth of July holiday and finally talked me into purchasing the food items they needed to whip up a few tasty snacks.

These strawberries were quite the hit at a friend's house. So, two of my girls whipped up a bunch for us to enjoy.





You know something is good when your mouth is as messy as this!




At least we could pretend that the strawberries were healthy. This s'mores dip was amazingly good - and rich- but not one bit healthy.

Melt 1/2 tsp. of butter in bottom of cast iron pan (we used an 8 inch pan)
cover bottom of pan with chocolate chips
Add marshmallows
Cook at 450 for 5 minutes
Let cool 5 minutes before using graham crackers to eat the s'mores dip




Happy Independence Day, everyone!  I'll be grilling some chicken and corn on the cob later today.



This post is linked to Beth Fish Reads' weekly weekend cooking meme. Hop on over and see what other great recipes people are sharing.

9 comments:

Bookworm Inkorporated said...

I made s'mores dip this week! It was so good, and may not just be a fourth of july thing :)

Beth F said...

S'mores dip???? How did miss this as a thing? MUST give this a try. WOW. And the strawberries are awesome.

Vicki said...

I've seen s'mores dip on Pinterest lately. I looks really good!

Claudia said...

What sweet and patriotic strawberries! And, S'mores dip, the kids will love that. Happy Fourth!

Carole said...

Fun with strawberries. Cheers from Carole's Chatter!

Joy Weese Moll (@joyweesemoll) said...

Those strawberries are fun! That s'mores dip looks amazing, too.

Tina said...

You have a cook in the making there as your daughter is quite creative. Love those strawberries.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

What great summer ideas. That would be the smores route I'll likely take in the future. The strawberries were so cool too.

Ti said...

My daughter printed off a bunch of recipes too. Mostly for colored, layered drinks which we changed-up to remove the food coloring. SO not fun for her but drinking red and blue dye is really not good for you.

She did make this fab dip though for strawberries. Actually I was supposed to use a pastry bag and pipe it into the berries but hey, a dip was easier. Cream cheese, Cool Whip and Marshmallow Fluff makes a very yummy, not too sweet dip. Tasted like cheesecake! The problem is makes a boatload and I have a bowl that I have been stealing tastes from all weekend long.