Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday Salon

This weekend has been a rare (and much needed) two days full of reading and finishing up some books.



Yesterday's volleyball tournament provided time to do quite a bit of leisure reading. And, today, in between grocery shopping and laundry, I have again been able to sit down and enjoy some time to read.

Part of this is because my girls all decided to hang out with my mom this afternoon, and the house has been quiet and peaceful. That is a rare occurrence.

Yesterday was my mom's 69th birthday. We surprised her with an ice cream cake, and she surprised me with a pillow that she had specially made to include important places in our lives.



We have already tested it out on our couch, where it works quite well.  

This upcoming week is full of busyness: two late nights of conferences, a doctor appointment for two of my daughters, a mid-week Lenten service and meal I am organizing and serving, a class I am taking, and the regular piano lessons and volleyball practice.  This past weekend was the state wrestling tournament, and despite the fact that my husband is currently sick and sleeping on the couch, I am glad he will be able to help out with some of the craziness.

And, just as I was about to post this, my mom got the news that her second brother, Loren, passed away after a three year battle with cancer.

The girls and I are remembering our trip to southern Colorado to visit him in June of 2011.  I'm glad they have happy memories of him.


Here we are on a gator ride in the high desert.  Probably the highlight of our trip, and something we will always remember. I'm also thankful that Loren is not suffering, and is now home with his Savior.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Tina, glad you got some uninterrupted reading time. And glad your Mom got to have a nice birthday. I'm sorry for the loss of your uncle, but I'm also glad he is not in pain any longer. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family, you Mom especially. Hope you have a good week!