Friday, July 24, 2009

Shopping Spree

Yesterday my mom and I packed up my three girls to go on our annual trip to Des Moines to visit my sister. We have done this each year since my oldest daughter, who will be eight in just a few weeks, was one year old. Sometimes we stay overnight and other times we drive there and back in one day. One of our stops yesterday was Jordan Creek Mall. I mentioned this when some neighbor ladies got together yesterday morning and they enviously talked about my luck at getting to go to a "real mall." While our shopping experience here is not dismal, it isn't great, either. I agreed that Jordan Creek is a lovely mall, and it is. The girls most enjoy they play area, so heavy duty shopping is never really on the agenda with them. But mostly I am an on-line shopper. My mom and sister offered to sit at the play area with the girls while I went to two stores I was interested in looking through because we don't have them locally. While I found cute stuff at Ann Taylor Loft and The Gap, I didn't buy a thing. We had supper at Macaroni Grill and then visited the Barnes and Noble right across the parking lot. While I didn't get a thing at the "real mall" I did purchase some new books. My purchases include: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, Shelf Discovery by Lizzie Skurnick, The Lost Summer by Kathryn Wlliams, Hollywood is Like High School with Money by Zoey Dean, and The House at Sugar Beach by Helene Cooper. I am sure I would be a disappointment to my neighbors who had visions of JCrew in their eyes. I am happily looking forward to reading my new books and am even more behind than eves as the TBR pile keeps growing.

No comments: