Sunday, August 2, 2026

Monday Mini-Reivew: Five Star Memoir: All That's Unseen

 I'm leaving later today (Thursday) for a trip with my mom, so I should be packing, but instead I found myself devouring a book I started just last night.




All That's Unseen: An Appalachian Memoir by Emilee Hackney is a book I pre-ordered months ago, and then forgot about.  I've seen it on instagram a few times, accompanied with the descriptor comparing it to Educated by Tara Westover.

While there are some similarities, this comparison will probably grow old.  

Hackneys' story is her own. Her writing will draw you in, and you will easily become immersed in the way she recounts her childhood and early adulthood.  Hackney struggles to understand what she believes and who she is, but she is always aware of her ties to her hometown.  

This left me with a book hangover in the best way, and I think this is a title that we will be seeing everywhere.  

No comments: