Monday, October 21, 2024

Monday Mini-Reviews: Someone In the Attic

The title of this book is enough to scare me.  I grew up in an old farm house with an attic that I rarely wanted to enter by myself.  The door to the attic was in my parents' bedroom, and later on when we changed rooms, my sister's room.   





The attic door in this book is one of those that is a square in the ceiling that opens with a drop string (this cover is somewhat misleading).  

Anya is relaxing in a warm bath, enjoying a glass of wine, when she sees a man drop from the attic door. Within just moments, she is dead.  (This is not a spoiler).   

Julia, an old friend of Anya's watches videos her daughter shows her on TikTok that feature a many coming down from the attic - in what appears to be their house.  Julia sets about confirming that her home is the location of these videos that are posted, and then quickly taken down, but she even ventures to the attic herself and finds it empty. 

There was plenty of suspense and creepiness that I could not put this book down until I finished the last page. 

I'm still not a fan of attics and I won't be hanging out in one any time soon, but I am a fan of this book.

No comments: