Monday, April 1, 2024

Monday Mini-Reviews: Five Star Read

 




The first quarter of 2024 is already over and I've read an amazing amount of great books.

What Happened to Nina? by Dervla McTiernan is my latest five-star read; this one was nearly impossible to put down.




Narrated by a few different characters, we see how Nina's disappearance affects her family and her boyfriend's family.  But what happened to Nina? This story reads like a true-crime novel, aided by the fact that the plotline sounds a lot like the Gabby Petito case from 2021 when Gabby was killed by her fiance while they were on a trip across the United States.

This story doesn't entirely follow the Petito case, but there are certainly similarities and I appreciated the different points of view.  This was a book I could barely put down, and I wouldn't be surprised if this one finds itself in my best of list at year's end. 

Sometimes I don't like the resolution in suspense novels, but this one hit just right for me.  I'm hoping a few of my friends will read this one so I have someone to talk it over with.  



2 comments:

Kay said...

I'm hoping to read this one soon. Good to know that it worked so well for you!

Mystica said...

Thanks for the review. Will be looking out for this one