Sunday, June 26, 2022

One Week, Two Five Star Reads

I have had some amazing reading this past week.  I will admit that after reading several really amazing books in a row, I'm now at a bit of a loss about what to read next, however, I wouldn't change what I've read and pick less enjoyable titles. These two were total winners:



 

Cover Story by Susan Rigetti- Lora is excited for her internship at Elle magazine where she is taken in by Cat Wolff who is a contributing editor and daughter of a business mogul.  Lora can't believe her good fortune that Cat wants her help writing a novel and lets her move in with her at The Plaza Hotel.  Readers can see that things aren't exactly what they seem early on, as the novel moves between journal entries, texts, and a few FBI reports, and this one moves fast and is hard to put down.  As I've heard from everyone that has read this one so far, the last two pages are definitely stunning.  I'm still not sure what to think about them.  When I finished this one, I decided that this might be THE book recommendation of the summer.

And then I read

Nora Goes Off Script by Annabel Monaghan - a debut rom-com that I absolutely loved, which may also be THE book recommendation of the summer.  Nora writes movies for the romance channel, her latest being one that is essentially the story of her own failed marriage (and a step up from a romance channel movie).  When Leo, the male protagonist in the movie spends some additional time with Nora and her children the two begin a relationship that ends abruptly when Leo leaves to film another movie.  It takes months for the misunderstandings to be discovered and corrected- and for true love to prevail.  I rarely re-read anything, but I could definitely see picking this one up again because of the feel-good way in makes me feel.

I'm not sure this coming week can come even close to last week's reading, but I'm going to give it a try.

No comments: