Monday, May 16, 2022

Blast From the Past: May 2012

It's taken me a while to get myself organized enough this month to look back on what I read back in May 2012.  Every month I am always surprised with how many books really have stuck with me over a ten year span of time.  There are plenty of books I can remember very little of.  But there are also a lot that I remember general plotlines, small details, or that bring back a memory of what I was doing while I was reading a particular book.  Here are four books that I spent time with back in May of 2012. 






1.  Much Ado About Anne by Heather Vogel Fredericks -this is the second book in the Mother Daughter Book Club series - and I can't believe that I never read the rest.  I loved books one and two and now that I've seen this title again, I am hoping I will pick up the third one soon.  


2.  Wild by Cheryl Strayed- this memoir has certainly gotten enough hype - and had a movie made about it.  That alone hasn't allowed me to forget this one, but I also remember bits and pieces about this one, including how little I really felt like I understood some of the author's choices, despite finding her voice so easy to read.


3.  How To Eat A Cupcake by Meg Donohue - a debut novel about two friends who open a cupcakery. I love a good food book, and this is a fun one that includes some betrayal, past secrets and a few other problems thrown in for good measure.


The Woman Who Wasn't There by Robin Gaby Fisher - a true account of Tania Head's made- up story of her survival of the 9/11 attacks.  Head's story is heartbreaking - until you find out that it is fabricated.  I was fascinated by this account.


What were you reading in May of 2012?  What about last May? I'm always happy to add to my own TBR list.

No comments: