Sunday, October 10, 2021

Blast From the Past: October 2011

I was so busy last week that I never even got around to posting my Blast from the Past post.   

This past summer I managed to read two different books and once I finished them realized (by looking on Goodreads) that I had already read them years ago.  I was kind of appalled that I didn't remember them at all, but I do remember many of the books I read.


These three are ones I read a decade ago - and I still remember them.




The Night Strangers by Chris Bohjalian- Bohjalian is a must-read author for me and I will pick up whatever he writes.  This one centers around Chip and Emily and their ten year old twin daughters.  They are trying to rebuild their lives after Chip, an airline pilot, had to ditch his airliner in the Hudson river after double engine failure. This is just the tip of the iceberg and this story has some twists and turns - and a little suspense.

Whistling in the Dark by Lesley Kagan - I loved this book so much. Set in the late 1950s, Sally is supposed to protect her sister, there's a killer on the loose in their town and her mom is in the hospital. I loved Sally's voice in this novel as she tries to make sense of the world.

Running Away to Home by Jennifer Wilson - Jen and her Midwest family move to Croatia exploring a new country and way of life.  I thoroughly enjoyed this memoir and the way Wilson shares their travel and move to a country foreign to them.

What were you reading back in 2011?  What about last October?

No comments: