Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Non-Fiction Tuesday: Brilliant Maps For Curious Minds

I started writing this post on Labor Day weekend and then ended up going to bonfires a couple different nights and trying to do some deep cleaning since we are getting new carpet in our upstairs bedrooms.  

We are three weeks into the school year, and I am aware of how quickly time will by since we have another senior.  When my oldest child graduated I didn't feel quite the same.  I knew I still had years of having kids at home, but suddenly those years are going really quickly.  

Anyway.....

this summer we stopped at Malaprops Bookstore in Asheville, NC, and did some browsing. My oldest daughter has always loved trivia and books that have lots of facts in them. 

She came across Brilliant Maps For Curious Minds and then shared it with me. This is the perfect time of book to have on your coffee table.





Each page contains a map with information on a wide range of topics. And as you browse through it, it would be impossible not to learn something new each and every time you pick this up.





Are cats or dogs more popular?  Which countries have no McDonalds? Nuclear or non-nuclear countries? Longest domestic non-stop flights? List of longest place names.

It's hard not to find something intriguing and I've already had several people pick it up and browse through it at our house (and we rarely have people over).

I'd love to share this with kids at school who might not want to "read" anything, but who could find plenty of interesting information to explore.


No comments: