Sunday, July 11, 2021

Blast From the Past: July 2011

 A decade ago these five books were ones I was enjoying.  Some I remember more than others, but I do remember a general enjoyment of them all.




The First Husband by Laura Dave  - this is a tangled web/relationship novel that is a quick read. I don't remember details of this one, yet because I just read and LOVED Laura Dave's latest novel, I feel like readers may want to check out her backlist.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - a cute YA rom com that has celebrated its 10th anniversary with a beautiful new cover.  I enjoyed this one and her books that came after this one.

Yankee Doodle Dixie by Lisa Patton  - this book follows up Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'Easter (which I loved). I loved Leelee's story continuing in the South after she leaves Vermont. I love this series.

South of Superior by Ellen Airgood- I loved that this story takes place in a small town on the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  Madeline has relocated from Chicago and is quickly learning the small town way of life

Rawhide Down by Del Quinton Wilbur -I've read this - and so have my husband and older daughter.  We've all enjoyed this detailed account of the assassination attempt, which for my husband and me was a chance to think back to what we remembered from the news coverage in our childhoods of this event.   

What were you reading back in July of 2011? Have you read any of these titles?

No comments: