Sunday, May 2, 2021

Blast From the Past: May 2011

 It's time to look back at what my reading look liked a decade ago.  I love a trip down memory lane - and because my reading has been nearly non-existent this past week as I try to get some ordering done before my budget is frozen, I don't have a whole lot of my own reading to share.   


Here's a look back at May of 2011:


The Year We Left Home by Jean Thompson - set in Grenada, Iowa, I enjoyed the Midwest setting that felt so familiar to me. This is one family's story beginning in 1973 at the wedding of one daughter and spanning the last decades of the twentieth century. I loved this book when I read it.

The Lemonade Crime by Jacqueline Davies is the follow-up to The Lemonade War and finishes off a few things from the first book.  There are five books in this series and by this second one, I was sold on them.  Great for third and fourth graders.

The Wilder Life by Wendy McClure- McClure traces the travels of Laura Ingalls Wilder's family, looking for the Big Woods of Wisconsin and moving through the various places Wilder lived.  As a huge fan of these books when I was growing up, I loved this look at Laura from a different perspective.

Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan - I love this author and am always glad when she has a new book coming out.  This one centers around three generations of women in the Kelleher family, each with their own story to tell.  This one was perfect to read as summer approached and would have made a great beach read.

How about you? What were you reading back in 2011? Have you read any of these books?

1 comment:

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I think I read MAINE about ten years ago, too. I don't remember particularly liking it but it is not even ringing a bell on the plot so maybe I liked it and forgot. I read today that 70% of COVID vaccines sent to Iowa are being sent back because no one wants them. Is that possible?