Thursday, January 14, 2021

Friday Five: It Feels Like Winter Here

 The weather is always a safe topic of conversation in Iowa, and perhaps right now we should all do a lot of talking about the weather which might be less controversial than anything else on the news right now.


It's snowing here on Thursday night as I'm typing this and all of us (except for my husband) are hoping for late start/cancellation/a virtual day of school.  I guess we will have to see how this pans out for us tomorrow morning.  


Once again I've found lots of cute things.  I'm hoping that soon we will be seeing some spring items, but in real life I am just now digging out some of my winter things.








1.  Samy Bootie - I will never get sick of leopard print and although I haven't worn quite as much of it yet this year, I still love it. These boots would be perfect to wear with a monochromatic black outfit, or with some other patterned piece.








2.  Stripe-Play Smith Pullover Sweater in Coziest Yarn - and I love this sweater -the stripes, the collar of a different color and the center mismatch.





3.  Nalani Open Frame Earrings in Gold  - recently one of my favorite earrings has started to look really worn.  It is a pair that has a lot of (fake) diamonds all over them, and I think my constant mask wearing has caused a few of these fake gems to fall off.  I am so sad about this, and would like to find another staple pair that I could wear daily.  This might be the ones.







4.  Tie Waist Pocket Skirt -I love anything that reminds me of an African safari and this fits the bill.  I also think it is hinting at spring, which would be delightful.






5.  Heart Striped Sweater- I am not someone who typically wears clothes associated with holidays.  But, I do like the understated heart print.  I don't think I'd wear it after Valentine's Day, but it is cute.





6.  Salutation Stash Pocket II 7/8 Tight- these come in three colors, all with the same print, and I'd like any or all of them.




7.  Button Mock Neck Sweater - I love the button detail of this sweater which makes a staple wardrobe item a little more interesting.



8.  Martha Teddy Sweater -I'm just waiting for this cozy piece to go on sale.  I love the color as well, although a couple others are available.





9.  Power Gym Leggings - my girls would definitely not be in favor of me purchasing these wild printed leggings, but they are the kind I like.  






10.  I Still Believe Pendant -this bookish necklace makes me smile.




And that's it for me this week.  What's caught your eye?


1 comment:

Ti said...

You're right. You managed to find some super cute things. I love leopard too. I got a new leopard Loopy case for my new iPhone. I am also into camo. Got a cool Camo chest pack from Timbuk2 to carry my phone while walking and a cute camo sweatshirt. However, it's supposed to be close to 90 degrees today. Unheard of but it was 68 at 6am so looks like it may be true.