Friday, August 28, 2020

Friday Five

We've almost made it through a whole week with students!  It feels great to be back, and yet very strange.  Wearing a mask all day is no fun. Neither is sitting at lunch (as a student) with dividers around you so you can't really see or talk to other people.  But, we are making the best of things....and I feel lucky to get to see students in person.








1. Utility Shirtdress - I love the look of this one, although I am not sure how crisp and clean my white dress would look after a while.




Utility Shirtdress




2.  Babysitters Back Alright, Book Club - I love the Babysitters Club books and love the new merch that The Bookshelf has as some interest for the series has reignited.




BSB Alright tshirt.png



3.  The Sweatshirt - Boden continues to update their sweatshirt designs and colors.  This is the one I'd pick for fall.


The Sweatshirt - Milkshake/Navy, Zebra Wave


4.  Aerie Soft Gym Shorts - and I am still in search of a pair of cozy sweatshorts. These look like they'd fit the bill.



Aerie Sunday Soft Retro Gym Short

5. Garden Kimono-  I've noticed several teachers wearing these little kimonos every day.  I think it might be time for me to purchase one for myself.


Garden Kimono


6.  Aerie Garden Party Midi Skirt - I saw this paired with a jean jacket and white t and think it would be the perfect skirt for fall.  


Aerie Garden Party Midi Skirt



7.  Cord Tote Bag - I am loving this bag. It comes in several colors and would be perfect for all the stuff I think I need to cart back and forth to school.






8.  Donegal Northfield Mockneck Sweater-  I've heard that this Madewell sweater is something they sell every year.  I think it is a great staple for any wardrobe.




Image of Madewell Donegal Northfield Mockneck Sweater


9.   Women's Hummingbird Ankle Strap Sandal - most of my picks for the week are fall-like.  This pair of sandals is still catching my eye.  



Women's Hummingbird Ankle Strap Sandals - A New Day™ - image 1 of 8

10.  Here Wee Read Podcast - I've just started the first episode of this new podcast.  Kwame Alexander is the first guest, which is pretty impressive.  

Reviews For The Podcast "Here Wee Read" Curated From iTunes


That's it for me this week.  What's caught your eye?

2 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Glad you back to school week has gone well. Most schools begin in 1-2 weeks but, are remote only here although there are exceptions.

I love the cord tote bag; nice price too.

Ti said...

Sounds like you are making the best of your return. My work had me take a training online so I could learn about what will be different whenever we do return and removing our lunch room, microwave, water cooler and fridge took center stage. Also that if we do eat we need to do it outside because to do so you need to remove your mask. My lunches are almost always leftovers from dinner so that will take some planning if there is no way to heat it up. Also, I need my coffee in the morning and their tap water is not good. I have my own press but heated water is a must for a good cup.

I have seen that tote bag around on Insta. It's a really good price and color.