Tuesday, June 9, 2020

My Own Summer Reading List


For the past few years I have constructed a list of books to read over the summer months.  These lists are fun for me to come up with, but I can't say that I am all that successful in completing them.  However, in making the lists it does give me some ideas of books that I do really want to read - and not have them forgotten until months (or years) from now.

Last year I read 5 of the 9 books I had on my list, and the year before I read 6 of 9. So this year I've increased my list to include fifteen books and one series, the Inspector Gamache series by Louise Penny.  I tried to pick books that I have every intention of reading and am excited about, but know that inevitably I will pick and choose and end up not getting around to some of them on this list in favor of some other titles that catch my eye.

Here are the books I'd like to read this summer, along with many others.  I'll check back in at some point- maybe in a month, maybe midway through the summer - to see how many of these I get to enjoy.

What titles do you plan on reading this summer? Do you create a list of books you'd like to get to?  



2 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Hidden Valley Road and Rodham are on my lists as well. All Adults Here was fun and I really liked 11/22/63 as well.

Ti said...

Hidden Valley Road is on my radar. I was thinking of maybe pitching it for book club but I may quit book club. Long story.

I want to make a summer reading list too but haven't even thought about it yet. I should sit down and think about doing that this weekend.