Friday, May 24, 2019

Friday Five: Memorial Day Weekend

It's Memorial Day Weekend and I won't lie by telling you I'm not excited about a three day weekend.  We've got several graduation parties to attend and I've got some school work that I could get done if I had some peace and quiet (there is none of that at school right now),  and next week I'm heading to Book Expo for a few days and need to get things organized for that.  

I found a lot of great summery things this week and only wish I could have a few of them to take with me to NYC.







Women's Cayla Microsuede Espadrille Wedge - I found these at Target the other day and liked them even after I tried them on. It's been a while since I wore heels so I'm not sure I could wear these all day or anything like that, but the Target price range is just right for something I wouldn't wear constantly.  


Women's Cayla Microsuede Shield Espadrille Wedge - Universal Threadâ„¢ - image 1 of 3



2.  Linen Blend Shirt Dress - I have loved a Hawaiian print since I was in junior high when it might have been popular. This is pretty toned down compared to what I had and wore, but I think this dress would be nice in summer to throw on.


Printed Linen-Blend Shirt Dress for Women





3. Merrick White Anywhere Striped Crewneck Dress - I've been reading Merrick's blog for a while now and finding some great fashion tips and tricks.  She is now launching her own line of dresses. I love a good stripe and this dress is versatile  - and calling my name.



4.  Floral Fluid Wide Leg Pants - Loft has several different floral pants that I think would be great for the summer.



5.  Perfect Shirt in Liberty Meadow Print- I bought a floral shirt from JCrew last fall that I love. This floral print they've come out with this spring is equally as lovely.  

0



6.  Swing Dress - This is almost identical to the dress I featured above. So I'm torn.  That dress is $76, while this is just $8 at Old Navy. I'm sure that dress looks nicer and is better quality and will last longer, but... an $8 dress is a great bargain.  They aren't entirely identical, but so similar that anyone who ran into me while wearing either dress probably wouldn't know the difference.



Jersey Swing Dress for Women


7. Short Sleeve Popover in Beauchamps Linen - I especially love this popover in the pink color.  



8.  Blouson Surplus Knit Top - this is the sale of the day today at Garnet Hill. Three colors of this style are marked down to $24. I have a similar shirt I bought several years ago now that I still love.






9.  Downton Abbey Trailer - I loved this show and can't wait to see the movie version in the theater.




  10.  Royal Family Pictures - and it seems we can't go for too long lately without some nice pictures from the royal family. I love these latest pictures of William and Kate and their children.








That's it for me this week. What's caught your eye?

1 comment:

Ti said...

The A line dress is so cute. Looks comfortable too.

I didn't see much this weekend. I went looking for a new couch for the family room thinking there would be some good sales but nope! No sales.