Friday, April 26, 2019

Friday Five: Snow Is Coming Our Way

There's nothing quite like spring in Iowa.  We've been enjoying some beautiful weather- 60 degrees feels fantastic after a freezing cold winter.  This morning I looked at the forecast and tomorrow we have a chance of 3-7 inches of accumulating snow.  There is not a single part of me that is excited about that.  Especially since Little Sister has two soccer games tomorrow.

Anyway.....the snow won't be here long, and the clothing I've looked at this week is definitely for warm weather.







1.  Eyelet Embroidered Puff Sleeve Top - I love the moss color of this one, although it does come in a few other colors as well.  Pretty much I'll wear anything that's eyelet.







2.  Women's Printed Cyclone Jacket - North Face has some beautiful printed jackets right now.  I've bought a few windbreakers for my girls this spring and my husband bought himself one as well. I dug out my 1995 windbreaker from the closet, and although I still like it, realize it does look a bit dated.







3.  Tiered Maxi Skirt - This skirt looks so comfortable, while still being dressy. That's my kind of clothing.







4.   Saychelles So Precious Flat Sandals - I'm really keeping my eyes open for a new pair of sandals.  This is just one of the options I'm entertaining.


Image for Seychelles® So Precious Flat Sandals                                                                                            from JJill




5. Chevron Wrap Waist Top -I love a chevron print, and this would look great with a pair of white pants.








6.  Floral Flutter Tie Waist Jumpsuit - I've been noticing jumpsuits everywhere this spring. Initially I didn't even contemplate them for myself, but now I'm thinking maybe I should at least try one one. It looks comfortable, and the floral print is very spring like. 








7.  Women's Makena Gladiator Sandal- here's another pair of sandals I'm contemplating. They are from Target and the leather is really soft. I still wear a pair of Target sandals I've had for at least 5 years and get complimented on them all the time.  



Women's Makena Gladiator Sandals - Universal Threadâ„¢ - image 1 of 4

 
8. Long Linen Blend Cardigan - I own several cardigans, but none are striped and none are long. This is also on sale right now on Nordstrom, and I can think of lots of places I could wear it.







9.  Bandana -years ago I had several bandanas I wore just like this. I love that they are making a comeback, and need to purchase a few.








10.  Prince Louis' First Birthday Pictures - and who doesn't need a little cuteness in their lives? I've enjoyed the comparison photos between him and his siblings and love watching the royal kids grow up.




That's it for me this week.  What's caught your eye?

2 comments:

Ti said...

So many things catch my eye. I've been looking at fluttery tops to wear with jeans. I need a sleeve that covers my upper arms but don't look hot. I bought one top at Sam's Club which is like a Costco and I have gotten so many compliments on that shirt and it was like $15.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Hope the snow missed you; rainy here. I love the JJill Maxi skirt. I just ordered a few things from there like linen shirt and linen capris.