Friday, April 19, 2019

Friday Five: Good Friday Edition

Happy Easter weekend!  I'm happy that our school district didn't take away this scheduled Friday off.  With all the snow days we had this winter, I'm shocked they didn't have us make up one of them today.  

Although I have no big plans, this will be a good day to catch up on a few things. 

We've had some cold and rainy days, but that's pretty normal around these parts.  The weekend forecast looks beautiful, so I'm going to enjoy the sun. 

Here are a few things that caught my eye this week:






1.   Nylite Plus Sneaker -I still haven't replaced my white (now dingy white) Tretorns.  If I wanted an entirely different look, I do like these black ones.



2.  Bourbon and Bowties Stretch Beaded Bracelet Set - I love how jewelry looks on other people, but I rarely wear any myself.  These bracelets are so pretty, though.



3.  All Birds Women's Wool Runners -I must be in a tennis shoe type of mood.  I see All Birds everywhere online and the reviews are fantastic. After seeing them so often, I'm beginning to think that maybe I do need a pair.




Women's Wool Runners - Tuke Jo (Natural Black Upper/Cream Sole)


4.   Tossed Lemons Scarf- lemons seem to be in for spring and the colors in this scarf are beautiful.






5.  Modern Stripe Short Sleeve T-Shirt Dress -I'm not sure I could get away with wearing anything as form-fitting as this dress, but I love a good stripe and paired with a denim jacket and some white converse think this would be so cute.







6.  Aerie Beach Fleece -and more stripes...although there's no beach here in Iowa, we are heading to Dauphin Island for vacation this summer and there will be a beach there. Wouldn't this be lovely to have to throw on?

Product Image



7.  Mariana Blouse - Sundance has such beautiful clothes. I love the detail on this shirt and the color. I don't have a ton of green in my closet, but am loving it more and more.






8.  Sanibel Platform Wedge Sandal - I am so desperate for some sandals. Since summer isn't horribly long here and I can't wear open toed shoes to work, I haven't invested much in sandals.  I'd love to have a pair or two (besides my flip flops) to wear in the summer.





9.  Toffee M&Ms and Hazelnut M&Ms -I've been waiting for the hazelnut M&Ms for a long time now....and what a disappointment.  The toffee ones are marginally better, but my favorite is still the peanut butter M&Ms.










10.  Wake Up Call - I loved listening to Katie Couric's podcast last year, but that doesn't seem to be happening any more. Instead, she is posting instagram stories and covering current events. You can also sign up for her daily news in your inbox. I love Katie and reading her take on the news each morning is pretty much the perfect way for me to keep up on what's going on around the world.





That's it for me this week.  What's caught your eye?

2 comments:

Ti said...

That scarf.

Happy Good Friday! Our schools are open and I am at work. Bleh,

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I'm in love with the Talbot's lemon scarf and they also have a white oxford style shirt with tiny lemons that I MUST get.