Friday, March 22, 2019

Friday Five

Spring break is pretty much over.  We're having one last hurrah here today- going out for a movie and lunch.  Then it's back to our house and attempting to get things picked up and straightened up.  Monday may come as a shock to all of us.  And although there is still snow on the ground, it definitely feels like spring.  It makes me anxious for school to be done and the lazy, relaxing days of summer.  

I did find plenty to share this week, and a few items are ones I even saw in person at The Mall of America.








1.  Rosa Biker Jacket - I saw this jacket online earlier this week, and after I bought so little at the Mall of America, I decided that I deserved something new for my closet, too.  It hasn't arrived yet, so I'm not sure I'll end up liking it. 









2.  Aerie Campfire Chenille Sweater - I would probably never go into Aerie on my own, but with teenage girls, that is a store they definitely want to visit. While my oldest daughter tried on a pair of shorts (and waited over 30 minutes in line for a dressing room), I had plenty of time to browse.  I loved this sweater which comes in a few other colors as well.



Image for the product


3.  Bow V-Neck Sweater - I have a cute little pair of hot pink Tieks that would go well with this sweater and a pair of black pants.






4. Flower Branch Wrap Skirt -I glanced at this skirt a few times as we passed The Loft in the mall. It was featured in their store display, and I couldn't help but think this would be a great spring skirt to pull out right about now.




5.  Floral Tulip Sleeve Top - Although yellow isn't my color, I do like this top. Spring seems to mean a lot of floral prints.  






6. Mid Rise Soft Wide-Leg Linen Blend Pant - I have a pair of these in white, and although I love them, am always careful to wear a longer shirt since the fabric is thin.  I'm thinking black may be a safer option. They are so comfortable.



7.  Suede Espadrille Wedges - I'm still looking for a pair of sandals for the summer. I love suede, and I can envision wearing these with several different things.






8.  Lush Twist Front Top - I could use a couple of these tops to wear in the spring and summer months. They look a little dressier than a t-shirt, but can be worn virtually anywhere.







9.  Green Book - I finally sat down and watched this movie over break. I loved it!  For the past several years I've been reading a picture book, Ruth and the Green Book, to students and then looking at the Smithsonian site where the green books are downloaded so that we can see the different places available to African Americans in our area.  This movie is finally bringing to light a bit of history that most people didn't know about.





10.  Sesame Street Stamps - I'm excited about these stamps that are being released.  I spent hours watching Sesame Street as a child and with my own girls.





That's it for me this week. What's caught your eye?

1 comment:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

The Loft wrap skirt is awesome! Love the Sesame Street stamps as well. Glad you enjoyed The Green Book (us too).