Friday, January 25, 2019

Friday Five

This has been a weird week of work.  On Monday there was no school in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.  On Tuesday we had a snow day - for snow that never really materialized (there was a glaze of ice, however).  That snow came on Tuesday night and Wednesday, so on Wednesday we were home again.  Thursday we actually managed an entire day at school. And today we have a two hour delay for frigid temperatures.  I have read so many books that I'm actually needing a break from reading. That rarely happens.

And although it is definitely winter here, I'm starting to get anxious for spring.  Most of what I'm sharing is still cold weather gear, but there is a hint of spring as well.  






1.  Roxy Minnow Quilted Sport Flat - a friend of mine has a pair of Roxys like these and claims the fur keeps her feet very warm. Warm is an important feature when the temps hit -30.

Minnow Quilted Sport Flat



2.  Colorblock Turtleneck Sweater in supersoft yarn - I love a good colorblock shirt, and I really like how neutral these colors are so that I could wear them with a variety of bottoms.







3.  Patch Pocket Pullover Sweater in Walton Stripe - this sweater from Madewell is one I featured last week in a solid color.  I love the stripes, too.



Patch Pocket Pullover Sweater in Walton Stripe in arctic ice image 1



4.   Power Leggings -  I love a good pair of leggings to work out in. I've bought a few new pairs, but truly keep going back to some that are really old and losing their elasticity. I may need to update. My mom buys from Sweaty Betty frequently and likes what she has from them. I love the print on these.







5.  The Pant - I feel like everyone seems to have a pair of black pants that are slightly more form fitting than slacks, but less so than leggings.  Maybe these are what I need? I've been searching for this elusive thing for quite a while now.





  
6.  Ecco Soft 7 Short Boot - these finally went on sale and I will admit that I caved in and bought a pair.  I can't wait to wear them with that slightly fitted pair of black pants I finally find.



ECCO® Soft 7 Short Boot



7.  Oslo Dreams Cardigan - I love a good Fair Isle sweater and although this is not that, I have dreams of Europe and reading Jan Brett's children's book The Mitten while wearing this.






8.  Everyday Belted Moto Jacket - I've admired moto jackets for a good long time. They are still in style and there is always a new twist to them to catch my eye.




Slide View: 1: Everyday Belted Moto Jacket




9.  Long Awaited Navy and White Embroidered Top - this is just a hint of spring.  I love this top and can't wait to dig out my white crop pants again.





10.  Things I Do In My Spare Time Mug - every book lover should have a mug like this.




That's all for me this week. What's been catching your eye?

No comments: