Friday, September 21, 2018

Friday Five

This whole week has really felt like we are back to the busy-ness I remember so well from last year.  At the beginning of the school year we had a few four day weeks, but this week is a full week and I see no break any time soon.  Two cross country meets this week took up some evenings and I've had other meetings as well.

Today it's cold and windy and it really feels like fall.  That's a huge switch from just last evening when it was over 90 degrees and windy during the cross country meet.

I've got a new chili recipe in my crockpot so supper will be ready when we get home.  I'm looking forward to a cozy fall evening with a good book.

Anyway, despite the busy-ness in my week, I always seem to find time to find time to do some online browsing.






1.  Logo Leopard Print T - leopard print is pretty much everywhere right now.  I like this new look to the standard Gap T.





2.  Platform Sneakers - and some more leopard print.   I also find these extremely cute.





3.   Hush Puppies Cyra Catelyn Chukka Boot -I saw these last Friday when I had to take Little Sister to get some tennis shoes after her brand new ones broke.  I didn't get these for myself, but I sure wanted to. I'm going to keep my eye on them. I love the floral print.



Hush Puppies® Cyra Catelyn Chukka Boot EXTENDED SIZES AVAILABLE


4.  Plaid Henley Popover - and I'm super happy that buffalo plaid is still around this year.  This popover has a smaller check than the one I purchased last year, and I think a second buffalo plaid print shirt wouldn't be too ridiculous, right?





5.  Leo and Nicole Striped Poncho Sweater - while I was replacing Little Sister's shoes I came across this sweater in the women's department. Basically, I was getting a lesson in self control because there were lots of things I wanted but didn't buy.



Leo & Nicole® Striped Poncho Sweater




6.  Joules Frances Striped Floral Tee - this T is another one of the things I looked at but didn't buy.



Joules Frances Striped Floral Tee



7.  Women's All Over Print Hoodie -I've been seeing a ton of floral print this fall, too. I like this North Face hoodie simply for the floral print.







8.    Plaid Popover Dress - I had seen this popover dress earlier this fall in a gray and black plaid. I like gray and black, but because I'm pale anyway, that's not always my best choice. This color combo would work better for me.



Plaid Popover Dress


9.  Elizabeth Gillett Tassel Scarf - I like this scarf for it's uniqueness. I already have several scarves, but none with tassels hanging off of it.




Elizabeth Gillett Tassel Scarf


10.  Forever on Amazon Prime - this new show has been getting a lot of buzz. It's marketed as a comedy, but in the two episodes I've watched I'll admit that I  haven't laughed much.  I still like the show, but it will be interesting to see where it's going  and if the humor in it picks up.






That's it for me this week. How about you? What's caught your eye?

1 comment:

Ti said...

That scarf is really cute.

I almost bought these $8 mules on Zulily. They were crushed gray velvet. Totally impractical but for $8 I don't care. But then to make it worth my while I said I would buy them if I saw something else to buy but then didn't. So I never got them.

I did buy a new wallet from LL Bean. I've been wanting one with a strap so I got this one. https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/91224?page=wayside-ii-wallet-heathered&bc=&feat=wallet-SR0&csp=a&attrValue_0=Black&searchTerm=wallet

I got a wallet once before like this one from REI and it was too unstructured and my cards kept falling out. We'll see how this one works.