Friday, September 7, 2018

Friday Five: Fall Is In the Air

Although the workweek was only four days long, it really didn't feel so short. I was super busy at school and there have been things after school as well.  I started out the week not being able to sleep on Monday night (we have been hit with heavy rains and I seriously could not block out the thunder and pounding rain on my rooftop that never seemed to stop) and still don't feel all caught up.  But.....it's Friday already and I am hoping to get a little rest over the weekend to catch up on sleep and some free reading time and running are also on my agenda.

And fall must be in the air because the items I've found this week are not summery in the least bit.








1.  Easy Crinkled Skirt - I really like this skirt.....at this point in my life I feel like it might look too young.   And since I don't wear skirts very often, I can just enjoy looking at this one.  Or maybe buy it for one of my daughters.




Easy Crinkled Silk Skirt



2.  National Parks Repeater T - This website has a lot of cute t-shirts promoting the national parks.  I could buy several of them and love wearing them around.








3.    Limitless Camo Keyhole Tank - I have a lot of camo in my wardrobe, but no camo workout clothing. So, in order to complete my wardrobe, I truly might need this top.









4.  Spirit Lace Stripe T - a few years ago I visited Reese Witherspoon's store Draper James.  It's fully of very cute clothing that are a little out of my price range.  I happened to notice Reese wearing this top in an instagram post the other day.  I love stripes and the lace detail on the front gives it a little different look than all the other striped tops out there.  And the price of this piece isn't going to break the bank, either.









5.  Merino Crewneck Sweatshirt in Leopard - last week Ti from Book Chatter commented on my Friday Five post and shared that this top had caught her eye.  Well, I like it, too. What's not to like about leopard print?







6.  Rawlins3 - I still haven't replaced my very old, dingy Tretorns that I've had for years. This shoe is made by Tretorn, but is a more colorful, sporty variety.  There are so many color combinations available, I don't know which to pick.



7.  Asymmetrical Snap-up Fleece - I bought myself one of these fleece snap-ups last year and loved the coziness of it.  I also bought one for my oldest daughter. They are back again this year and it was all I could do to not let myself purchase one over the Labor Day holiday when they were 40% off. I did order one for my middle daughter, but I'm holding off on getting another one - for now.





product image



8.  Arabella Sweatshirt - and in addition to the fantastic leopard print sweatshirt above, I really like this sweatshirt as well. I think both are dressy enough that I could wear them to school while also throwing them on with a pair of jeans.






9.  Ruffle Flannel Shirt - I happened upon this shirt while I was checking out all of the JCrew Factory new arrivals and knew instantly that I needed it.  I love plaid, I love the popover look, and last fall I bought two plaid flannel popovers from JCrew Factory that I absolutely loved wearing. I'm hoping that's how I feel about this shirt.








10.  The Snark Squad Pod - this podcast was referred to me via the What Should I Read Next podcast. I'm always looking for something good to listen to, and this podcast fits the bill. Two podcasters review a variety of popular books, television shows, movies, and anything else they feel like.  I listened to the episode on the Crazy Rich Asians movie (which I saw and loved) and really enjoyed hearing their take on it.  I do think I might just pick episodes where I had some knowledge of the topic and not listen to every single episode, but this is one I am definitely subscribing to.








That's it for me this week.  What's caught your eye?

No comments: