Friday, August 17, 2018

Friday Five: Fall Is In The Air


I'm always really excited to see spring/summer clothing coming out because after many months of cold, wet, snowy weather, I am ready to put away my sweaters and boots.  But, I do love clothes shopping in the fall.  And after spending last weekend with my girls at the Mall of America (can you say expensive?!), and buying all of them things for the upcoming school year, there are lots of things I'd like to buy for myself.  

Here are some highlights from my trip and things I found online:







1.  J.Crew x Abigail Borg cotton-silk peasant top - I didn't see this when I was shopping, but it popped up on my instagram feed and I was instantly wanting to find out more.  This top is still $78, so I'm holding out for a discount of some sort to happen.  Dressy enough for school, casual enough for home - my criteria for nearly everything in my closet.



eiec



2.  Texture and Thread Tie-Front Top in Kieran Stripe  - I like the color combination in this top as well a the tie in front. I didn't even let myself try it on because I knew if I liked it, I'd want to buy it.



Texture & Thread Modern Tie-Front Top in Kieran Stripe



3.  Patch Pocket Pullover Sweater in Walton Stripe - and this sweater with a similar color scheme (it also comes in ivory) is one I let myself try on, but then quickly put it back.  I do like it, so I'm keeping my eye on it online.



Patch Pocket Pullover Sweater in Walton Stripe



4.  Boyfriend pinstripe popover - I've had great luck with popovers this past year and for a while I felt like I had pretty much everything The Gap offered in popovers. This pinstripe one is a little bit different, yet the same.







5.  Popover Pintuck Shirt in Swiss Dot - I do like swiss dot - and popovers - and I could wear this with a pair of black pants and feel like I was dressed up for school.









6.  Utility Shirtdress - I think if I bought this one my girls would have been unimpressed - the whole monochromatic thing doesn't really appeal to them. I like anything that looks like I could be on an African safari (I have no idea why).  And I think I could add a little cardigan or jewelry to this so that it didn't seem so boring.








7.  Print Shirred-Sleeve Fit and Flare Dress - and I did buy this dress.  After spending the past couple years needing a dress at random times and having nothing to choose from, I finally have something I can get out if I need to. I will also probably wear it on the first day of school.  I would never have found it had I not seen another lady take it into the dressing room with her.  







8.  Softspun Joggers - these don't appear to be available online, but they had lots of them at the Mall of America.  They are sooo soft. And they're camouflage.  I wish I would have bought a pair when I had the chance.








9.  Herringbone Metro High-Waisted Leggings - Last year I missed the chance to get these herringbone leggings from Athleta and I noticed they are now back in stock. I can't wear leggings to work, so they are pricey for just a piece of clothing I can't wear all that often (and I'm not convinced leggings really should be worn as pants), but I do love the herringbone pattern.







10.  Layered Coin Necklace - I love the look of this necklace and think it would go well with a certain green utility dress I featured above.



Coin Necklace Set


That's it for me this week. What's caught your eye?

1 comment:

Ti said...

Your stripe game is strong.

Here is what caught my eye:

https://www.madewell.com/lo-fi-shrunken-tee-in-jay-stripe-J2318.html?dwvar_J2318_color=KA2899&cgid=apparel-topstees&position=180&position=180#showAll=true&start=1

https://factory.jcrew.com/p/womens-clothing/shoes/flats/calf-hair-loafer-slides/J6861?sisearchengine=197&siproduct=J6861&noPopUp=true&srccode=PL_WPROD_SHOESxxx_ACQ_XXX_EVG_COUSA_EN_EN_P_FACT_AW_CPC_PLA,Womens_Shoes_x_XXX,PRODUCT%20GROUP,71700000033382186,58700003939892900,p32016792577&NoPopUp=True&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5NnbBRDaARIsAJP-YR8TGI3VTVh2ZAscrx6lN7RlZQB-zb7MgeJUnVR2K52-kBLjIIukJb4aAtHNEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Wow, those links are long.