Thursday, July 12, 2018

TLC Book Tour: Between You and Me

TLC Book tours introduced  me to Susan Wiggs' work a while ago. In January I reviewed Family Tree, and loved it.  Now I was able to read Wiggs' latest book, Between You and Me, and also love it.






Caleb is Amish, returning home to this way of life he knows so well after his brother and sister-in-law die, leaving his niece and nephew without parents. Despite his own dreams and ambitions, he wants to fulfill the promise he made to his brother, to raise his children as he would have wanted.  

When Caleb's nephew Jonah suffers a devastating farm accident and is taken to Philadelphia where he receives medical are, Caleb accompanies him, and meets Reese Powell, a doctor who first meets them when they arrive by helicopter.

Reese can't quite get Caleb off her mind and returns several times to check in on Jonah - and talk to Caleb.  

Their worlds are miles apart - hers one of privilege and cosmopolitan, his one of hard work and strict rules.  Yet, the two are attracted to each other and can't quite fight their feelings.

This story is somewhat predictable, yet I loved it.  I loved both Caleb and Reese and their relationship. I loved that Caleb was such an honorable, honest person, that he loved his family so much. I loved that Reese's neighbor was able to provide some information and friendship to Caleb. 

Generally I love books set around the Amish community and this was no exception.  We have a small Amish community in my home school district, so their way of life is not unfamiliar to me.  

Wiggs' novel is one I could hand to my mother-in-law and not worry about the content being too racy or offensive in any way, and is a perfect book to curl up with on the beach or on a rainy day.

Wiggs is fast becoming a must-read author for me.  I can't wait to see what she writes next.


Thanks to TLC Book Tours for providing a copy of this book for my review.  All opinions expressed are, as always, my own. 

Visit the HarperCollins website for more information

1 comment:

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed this book! Thanks for being on the tour!