Friday, July 27, 2018

Friday Five


The weather the past few days has been beautiful - getting up to the mid 70s instead of the 90s.  However, I like HOT and this cooler weather is making me think that fall is right around the corner.  And some of the things that caught my eye this week also seem a bit fall-like.  Store clerks have randomly commented that "before you know it, school will be starting."  Which just makes me shudder a little inside.  I AM NOT READY!  

Yesterday I went through my closet and have a big bag of Goodwill/garage sale items piled up. I still want to go through my shoes and two big tubs under my bed, but it feels good to get some things cleaned out that I haven't worn in years.  And with free closet space, I should probably buy a few new things, right?

Actually, I was surprised by how little I have in my closet that I actually like wearing.  I rotate between the same few things and the rest appears to be taking up space- or there in the event I get some wild idea to try something different.  I'd like a pared down wardrobe of things that can mix and match with each other, but also find it hard to just get rid of a bunch of clothing that is all perfectly fine.  I'm still debating what to do about this.

Anyway....there are lots of good things online. More fall stuff is showing up, and summer sales are still happening.






1.  Cotton Stripe Boyfriend T-Shirt - stripes have become an essential thing for me. I seem to gravitate toward any striped item.  These shirts are at Banana Republic.  


2.  Luxespun Hoodie - and while I was enjoying the striped T, this lovely hoodie popped up on the Banana Republic site.  It looks soft, but since I haven't seen it in person, I can't attest to that.



3.  Ecco Bootie -these booties I have seen in person and am debating between the washed black or burgundy pair for fall for school.  I love both.





4.  Logo Plaid Print Tote - this plaid tote is what made me think of fall.  Something about plaid makes me think of back to school items every time time.









5.  Albury Jacket - I love my utility jacket, and this is just a new twist on that.








6.  Long Sleeve Breton - I've got a few Bretons from Boden, and I know I should branch out....but you know stripes.....and leopard print together. Why would I want to miss out on this one?







7.  Supersoft Oversize Tee - this is on clearance at Boden right now and well, stripes.....and I have a few of the oversize Ts from last summer when they were on clearance that I have worn constantly this summer and received lots of compliments on.





8.  Plaid Popover Dress - I just saw this in the new Garnet Hill catalog and feel like this could be dressy or not so dressy. I could even wear leggings with it.








9.  Won't You Be My Neighbor? - I took Little Sister and a friend to this movie on Wednesday. They thought it was boring because it's a documentary and they've never seen Mr. Rogers. I, however, thoroughly enjoyed a look back at a show I grew up with and the very decent person Mr. Rogers was.






10.  Prince George's Fifth Birthday - and it wouldn't be a Friday Five post without some royal tidbit.  Isn't he adorable?





So, that's it for me this week. What's caught your eye?

5 comments:

Kay said...

Tina, there is a fix for the comment problem on Google, I think. It involves going in to your settings and adjusting something. I can't find it right now, but if you look for it, you'll be able to find it. What I did initially was to just click on 'leave a comment' link on the post and then just check the box below this that says 'email follow-up comments to...'. It should have your email address there since it comes through your Blogger account. You don't have to leave a comment.

Unknown said...



I feel so blessed again in my marriage after Doctor ODUMODU brought back my husband that separated with me for one good year. Am ALENNA by name from ROMANIA. Even though i have mouths all over my body, it won't be enough to thank Doctor ODUMODU for his help upon my life. My husband separated with me for one year and have been in pains and agony without him. So, i searched for help everywhere but nothing worked out not until i meant Doctor ODUMODU. I explained my situation to him and he promised that my husband will get back to me within 48 hours as far that my heart still beats for him. I believed in him and he prepared a smonths.my husband called me exactly when Doctor ODUMODU saicompelld. He pleaded and said he needs me back and now we are living happily again for the past 9 mouths. Everyone out there reading my article that needs help should contact him...Emil:drodumodusolutions@gmail.com

ALSO HAS THE CURE TO THE FOLLOWING VIRUS.
1* CANCER CURE
2* HEPATITIS B
3 DIABETES CURE
4* RINGING EAR
5* STROKE CURE
6* WARTS CURE
7* HBP CURE
8* ALS CURE
9* PENIS ENLARGEMENT
10*HIV CURE

Ti said...

I have a love affair with stripes too. As you know!

I started the dreaded back to school shopping early this year so we are pretty good. I made the mistake of following some fashion bloggers and now I want all sorts of things like this water bottle: https://healthish.com/products/wb-1
Scroll down the page to look at the social media posts. This bottle has measured reminders. I don't need reminders but I love the frosted appearance.

Barbara said...

It just occur to me that I have not done the right thing since when my husband came back to me, I am on this blog to give thanks to whom it deserve, Some couples of weeks ago my life was in a terrible shape because my husband left me and I never believe that I was going to get him back, But through the help of this powerful spell caster called Dr.Ekpen my life is now in a joyful mood, I must recommend the services of Dr.Ekpen to anyone out there that they should contact Dr.Ekpen through these details below: ( ekpentemple@gmail.com ) or whatsapp +2347050270218 because through Dr.Ekpen assistance my marriage was restored.

carolina peter said...

This is the most wonderful thing i have ever experienced. I visited here online on the 17 June and i saw a marvelous testimony of Tracie Adana from United States on the forum about the good works DR.tunde I never believed it, because have never heard anything about such miracle before. No body would have been able to convince me about it not until DR.tunde did a marvelous work for me that restored my marriage of 4 years by getting back my husband back i just as i read on the internet. I'm Carolina peter I was truly shocked when my husband knelt down pleading for forgiveness to accept him back. I am really short of words to use to show my appreciation to DR.tunde For his a God sent to me and my entire family for divine restoration of my marriage. Contact him now for any kind of help via Email:babatundesolutioncentre1@gmail.com or you can contact his whats-app mobile line +2348143581382 Also specialize in treating all kinds of illness, HERPES VIRUS, HEPATITIS B, CANCER, BRAIN DISEASE, PREGNANCY, DIABETES AND MORE