Tuesday, May 1, 2018

TLC Book Tour: My Oxford Year

Yesterday I was stuck in meetings all day long. I tried to read during some of our break time, but it was noisy and I kept getting distracted.  Thank goodness I waited until I got home to really dive into My Oxford Year. If I had kept reading, only half-paying attention to this book, I would have missed a fantastic love story.





Ella has come to Oxford for a year. She's managed to earn herself a Rhodes Scholarship, a prestigious achievement she's been working toward since she was thirteen years old.  She's all set to get started on her studies when she receives a phone call to work on an up and coming politician's presidential campaign in the US.  

Somehow Ella convinces everyone that she can work remotely and still fulfill her classroom obligations at Oxford. What she doesn't count on is falling in love - with a man she detested the first time she met him.

Jamie Davenport also happens to be her professor.  If this doesn't present enough of a problem, the secret that Jamie has been keeping from her, might.  

I absolutely loved the Oxford setting, the British feel to this novel. I loved the romance and love story.  My Oxford Year is better than I even hoped it could be, and in some ways ranks right up there with Jojo Moyes Me Before You.  




Thanks to TLC Book Tours for providing a copy of this book for my review.  All opinions expressed are, as always, my own.


For more information visit the HarperCollins website.

1 comment:

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

I'm glad you were able to really focus and enjoy the story! Thanks for being a part of the tour!