Friday, May 18, 2018

Friday Five: It's Time for a Royal Wedding

Tomorrow is the big royal wedding that I've been anticipating right along with the rest of the world. I haven't watched much of anything about the upcoming nuptials up until now, but tonight I'm going to need to curl up on the couch and begin my wedding watching.

We still have three weeks of school left, but it is nice to get this week over with and know that summer is just a bit further off.  

I'm liking the warm weather clothes I'm seeing online and finding other non-clothing related things to like as well.







1. Iowa Distressed Vintage Trucker - at first I thought this company only featured southern states.  I am really excited to see I can get my very own Iowa hat.  I love the distressed look and can't quite decide yet which color I'll select.







2.  Vacationland Anorak - I already have this hanging in my closet.  LL Bean had a button down shirt in this print, which I liked a lot, but I think I'll get more wear out of an anorak that I can throw on to walk the dog, or in the mornings when it is still cool out.




3.  Sparkle Stud Earrings - I'm a sucker for some blingy earrings every once in a while.  I like that these aren't super big, but still are blingy and sparkly.





4.  Straw Bucket Bag - Middle Sister took over my straw bag a few years ago. Gap is having a sale (when are they not having a sale?) and this is one of the bags I'd be happy to end up with.








5.  Book Tote Bag - considering the number of books I carry around, I could certainly use an other book tote bag.  





6.   AEA Oversized Bow Slides - these cute sandals come in a variety of colors.  I'm seeing lots of bows on sandals this year, and the look is growing on me.





7.  Tie Back Tank Top - I happened to notice that Big Mama had this top featured on her Friday roundup today as well.  What can I say? We have good taste.  



8.  Women's Mad Love Kassandra Slip On Canvas Flexible Bottom Shoe - camo? and these are at Target? I think I need to stop there on my way home from my dentist appointment.  These would be a fantastic little shoe for me to have in my collection.






9.  Short Sleeve Button Up Shirt in Wide Stripe - this top comes in blue as well as pink. I think the blue pops a little more, but I'd be happy with either.






10.  Wrap My Hijab - Katie Couric's podcast a few weeks ago was calld The Muslim Next Door. Both of her guests were fantastic, and one is a rapper. Here's a youtube video of her song that I found extremely catchy.  Apparently Katie did, too, because she was singing a little of it on her show.




So that's it for me this week. What's caught your eye?

1 comment:

Ti said...

The wedding begins at 3 am for me so I may not be able to wake that early,. I get up at 4am for work every day but it's my only day to sleep in. I will be recording it unless I change my mind at the last minute.

Those bow sandals are cute. I have seen many versions all over this spring. I like the mustard color. Mustard is still a thing after two years. Surprised by that.

There is this fashion blogger on Instagram who is older, in her 40s and she found the cutest tank tops at Abercrombie for a song but I have come to to conclusion that I need to lose like 100 lbs for me to look like her wearing them. Depressing.