This week has flown by in a haze of canceled activities as we are still experiencing winter-like weather. With another chance of snow on Sunday, it doesn't look to be much different in the next seven days. UGH.
I've also started 80 Day Obsession, a workout regimen through Beach Body that has left me feeling sore, but in a good way. I can't think of the last time I actually exercised at 5 AM for five consecutive days. So, 5 days down....75 more to go.
I haven't done a lot of internet shopping, but I do appreciate the various things that pop up on my Facebook page that I feel compelled to click on. Here are some things that have caught my eye this week:
1. Lace Ruana - the kimono style jacket is really in right now. I like the lace/fringe at the bottom and along the opening as well. I feel like I could wear this to work or with a pair of jeans.
2. Go On Get Floral Sweatshirt - Earlier this week Middle Sister had on a flowered sweatshirt from Abercrombie. My friend, Brooke, saw it and at least waited til MS was now in hearing distance to comment that it looked like something her grandma would wear. Well, flowers are in right now. And I find myself kind of liking it. Again, this could be work to work, or with a pair of jeans.
3. JCrew Washed Western Chambray Shirt - I hate to admit how many denim shirts I own. There are a few that I don't like all that much, but I have two or three that are in a constant rotation. People might think I'm wearing the same shirt ever day if they aren't that observant and seeing the subtle differences. I like the look of this JCrew model.
4. Classic Slip-on Sneaker - my buffalo plaid shoes have been a fantastic purchase. I wear them often. However, since it might warm up someday, I'm looking for a spring/fall alternative. Vans has several color/pattern options that I'd be happy with.
5. Market Tote - last week Ti from Book Chatter mentioned that she wanted a bag from this company. I had never heard of it, but now that she mentioned it, I want one, too. And as she pointed out, part of the purchase price goes to help others.
6. Big Boo Cast T - I have listened to the Big Boo podcast for a while now and am always wishing they were more consistent with getting episodes done. However, they have done 100 episodes and Milk and Honey Ts is commemorating that with a T.
7. Short Sleeve Criss Cross Dress - Athleta has a few colors available in this dress. I don't think I could pull it off, but I can dream.
8. Stripe Scoop Neck T - for whatever reason this Gap T is calling to me. Pretty simple and basic, but versatile.
9. Back Road Ramble Tunic in Stream - I actually like the black version of this shirt the best and as I am trying to find just a few pieces of clothing (as opposed to a huge closet full of stuff I don't wear) that I can wear over and over and still like.
10. Record Breaking Hole by Sergio Garcia at the Masters - this is not a happy video by any means. I groaned a few times as Garcia hit ball after ball into the water. As a golfer, I feel his pain, although my game is far worse than his and I'm not playing to earn my livelihood.
So, that's it for me. What's caught your eye this week?