Friday, March 16, 2018

Friday Five: The End of Spring Break is Upon Us

I'm not sure how a week off can go by so quickly, but a week of school can last forever.  It's Friday already and even though we didn't have any big spring break plans or a beach vacation, we did enjoy a little time to relax.  

I am ready for spring weather, but it looks like there are some chances for snow still on the horizon for us, so for now, I will just have to enjoy looking at new spring clothes and dreaming of a day when I can wear them.






1.  Printed Logo Crew Sweatshirt - Abercrombie has all their sweatshirts for $25 right now.  I love the look of this logo, and although these seem to be selling out quickly, they have t-shirts that are identical to these sweatshirts.








2.  Organic Cotton Tunic - Middle Sister gets confirmed on Palm Sunday.  I had wanted a new dress or something dressy to wear to church.  But I just wouldn't wear it very often (if ever again).  I'm thinking this tunic, which comes in a few colors, might be a nice shirt for the event.  I'm also envisioning a nice new pair of sandals and some jewelry, too.  However, it's only 9 days away and I haven't ordered anything yet, so at this rate, I'll be stuck wearing something I already own.  






3.   Born Orbit Platform Slingbacks - in fact, these are the very sandals I want for confirmation.  







4.  Sperry Patent Penny Loafer - my spring wardrobe consists of lots of navy and white, and I love a good penny loafer.  I would love to put these on with my white cropped jeans.  


5.  Patagonia's Barely Baggies - Big Sister took notice of these Patagonia shorts while we were shopping on Monday.  They come in a variety of sizes and colors, but for whatever reason she is drawn to the gold color.


6.  Amalia Whipstitch Boots - I seem to be in the mood to buy shoes this week.  I saw these featured on a lady wearing a short-ish skirt and loved the look. I don't think I could carry it off, but it looked great on her.





7.  Rain Down Necklace - and my jewelry for Middle Sister's confirmation? I love the stone in this necklace.





8.  Embroidered Fable Top - I saw this top in person at the Mall of America and loved it.  In fact, I loved a lot of stuff I saw there, but bought nothing.  How amazing is that?






9.  Boxy Cashmere Sweater - and on my way out of the mall at the Nordstrom entrance I saw this very lovely sweater.  I ran my hands over it and exclaimed to my girls how lovely I thought it was. And then I saw that it was $438.  So, yes, it is lovely, but it will have to be lovely for someone else.








10.  Rise - I'm not a huge TV watcher and my girls kind of poo-pooed me when I said I wanted to watch this, but two of them stuck around for the entire show, and I think it has potential.  





That's it for me this week. What's caught your eye?

2 comments:

Tara said...

That Madewell top is SO CUTE, Tina! I hope everything goes well with the confirmation...time to pick out an outfit! :)

Ti said...

That penny loafer. I hope you bought them.