Friday, January 19, 2018

Friday Five

How did it get to be Friday so soon?  Well, if you spend a week going to work all the while having Influenza B and coming right home to sleep, time passes rather quickly.  I have finally started to feel better, but I did spend last weekend in bed and then forced myself to go to work this week and attempt to function like a regular human.  I still haven't decided if that was a good idea or not.

Anyway, here is what I found online in the few minutes I actually felt like being on a computer.





1.  501 Red New Balance Sneakers - I'm not really a red sneaker kind of gal. But I saw these featured with some black leggings and am surprised by how much I liked that look. 




2.  Canyons Cardigan - Sundance has the most beautiful sweaters.  I usually admire them until they go on sale. This is one I've got my eye on.





3.  Spirit Lake Top - I'm also looking for a nice white top that could be casual or dressy. I love this one - and the jewelry that they've paired it with.







4.  Linen and Modal U Neck Swing T - there are some wardrobe staples I really need to upgrade.  This t comes in a variety of colors. I think it looks a little dressier than a plain cotton t and is also pretty versatile.






5.  Everyday Knit Skirt - This skirt is like the perfect teaching item.  Pockets which are almost a must for me is the first thing I looked at.  Plus it's a pull-on piece of clothing that could be dressed up or down. 







6.  Women's Eddie Bauer Solstice Mid-Boot - a co-worker has these boots. And since they are buffalo plaid I can't help but admire them.  





7.  Women's Hi Neck Tankini Top - only in January can I show you snow boots and then switch to swimming suits. I just got my new Lands End catalog yesterday featuring all of the beautiful new designs for swimming suits for spring and summer 2018.  This is the new pattern I've got my eye on.  







8.  Miranda Ponte Dress - this year I might really need to buy one dressy item.  My daughter is getting confirmed. I didn't get anything when my oldest daughter was confirmed two years ago, and sort of regretted it.  It seems like it is still a fairly dressy occasion and my dress clothes are lacking.  I like this dress from Boden, but I'm not sure I would get a great deal of wear out of it.






9.  Fleece Pullover - this fleece pullover also comes in a dark gray.  I like how comfortable it looks. And JCrew Factory always has great deals.







10.  Crown Heights Movie - while I was busy lying around this week, I did watch an AmazonPrime original movie.  I loved that this was based on a true story. The whole situation was absolutely heartbreaking and I've read a variety of other books and articles about wrongful convictions that has really sparked my interest in the topic.






So how about you? What's caught your eye this week?

1 comment:

Ti said...

That dress, depending on what color you end up with is a classic piece. Meaning, you may not wear it often but even 5 years down the line if you needed another dress you could wear it.

I went Winter Formal shopping with my daughter. This year, it wasn't too bad. She wanted a very specific RED dress. They had the dress but not in red, in black and I love the black.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/calvin-klein-bell-sleeve-sheath-dress?ID=4382498