Tuesday, January 2, 2018

A Blast From the Past

A few years ago I had a monthly feature where I would look back at what I had been reading a decade ago.  Well, I'm not sure how or why I stopped doing that, but I've decided to start looking back through my reading journals again.  I've kept track of the books I've read for nineteen years now, and even though I do use Goodreads, I love looking back through my journals even more.

So, back in January 2008 here are six of the books I enjoyed:


1.  Yellow Star by Jennifer Roy - a novel in verse, Holocaust, middle grade, Roy's book is a fictionalized story of a great aunt, I'm often handing this to my tween/teen readers

2. The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan - the first of Corrigan's book, I read this while running on the treadmill and loved it.  Corrigan talks about her own breast cancer diagnosis and her dad's cancer diagnosis, her relationship with her parents, being a new parent herself

3.  Snowed In by Christina Bartolomeo- women's fiction, set in Portland, Maine, an unhappy marriage, hope for the future

4.  Manless in Montclair by Amy Holman Edelman - when Isabel's husband unexpectedly dies leaving her a widow at 41, she must find a way to exist - and thrive- in a suburb of married people

5.  Blue Skies, No Fences by Lynn Cheney - her biography about her Wyoming childhood

6.  Funny In Farsi by Firoozeh Dumas - I recently listened to this one on Audible. It is so funny and entertaining, captures the immigrant experience with humor


It's amazing how seeing a book cover again will bring back memories, and all of these are reads I enjoyed long ago.

What were you reading ten years ago?



2 comments:

Chipiet♥ said...

hi... im from indoensia... :)

Kay said...

I loved this feature that you did and copied it for a while - sort of. Think I'll add my 'Bookish Nostalgia' back into the lineup. Glad you are doing this. It's fun looking back.