So, back in January 2008 here are six of the books I enjoyed:
1. Yellow Star by Jennifer Roy - a novel in verse, Holocaust, middle grade, Roy's book is a fictionalized story of a great aunt, I'm often handing this to my tween/teen readers
2. The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan - the first of Corrigan's book, I read this while running on the treadmill and loved it. Corrigan talks about her own breast cancer diagnosis and her dad's cancer diagnosis, her relationship with her parents, being a new parent herself
3. Snowed In by Christina Bartolomeo- women's fiction, set in Portland, Maine, an unhappy marriage, hope for the future
4. Manless in Montclair by Amy Holman Edelman - when Isabel's husband unexpectedly dies leaving her a widow at 41, she must find a way to exist - and thrive- in a suburb of married people
5. Blue Skies, No Fences by Lynn Cheney - her biography about her Wyoming childhood
6. Funny In Farsi by Firoozeh Dumas - I recently listened to this one on Audible. It is so funny and entertaining, captures the immigrant experience with humor
It's amazing how seeing a book cover again will bring back memories, and all of these are reads I enjoyed long ago.
What were you reading ten years ago?