Friday, December 29, 2017

Friday Five: Twas Four Days After Christmas

The after Christmas sales are in full swing!  I'm trying to spend nothing right now in an effort to recover from holiday shopping, but the great deals out there are making that difficult.  I even managed a trip to the Mall of America on Wednesday without a single purchase for myself; my resolve is still intact.

Here are a few things I've been looking at this week:






1.  Velvet Dot Midi Skirt - Seriously.....I never wear skirts. But this one is so cute.  And JCrew Factory is pretty much my new favorite store.  Purchase of the skirt would also necessitate the purchase of a shirt to wear with it and shoes.







2.  The Classic Shirt - I have two of Boden's classic shirts and love them both.  I keep watching for new patterns and designs and this one would be fantastic for the winter months.





3.  Embellished Yoke Top - For some reason this shirt feels and looks like spring to me.  I'm envisioning it paired with white jeans. And since it is supposed to snow all day today, I'm enjoying that vision.







4.  Beaded oval dangle statement earrings - I'm usually a gold or silver earring kind of gal.  Every once in a while I wish I had a pair to jazz things up.







5.   Herringbone Metro High Rise Leggings - I saw these at Athleta the other day.  It's impossible to really see the pattern in this picture, but I love them. This is the one thing I would have bought at the MOA if I wanted to spend money.






6.  JCrew Cable Knit Mock Neck Sweater - Nordstrom is having a huge sale right now.  Sadly, this sweater doesn't appear to be marked down at this point. I love the bright color and I always like cable knit, which I feel is pretty traditional and won't go out of style.








7.  Plush Knit Hi-Lo Top for Women - I used to wear a lot of denim - specifically denim shirts under my sweaters or with cardigans. This year we were told we couldn't wear any denim to work.  Ugh.  So I need a few long sleeve Ts to wear with my sweaters that have just been sitting in my closet.





8.  Reebok Classic Sneaker -  I'm kind of liking the white sneaker look. These Reeboks would make a good staple piece.







9. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - I've just started watching this. It's getting rave reviews and I've enjoyed what I've seen.  I will say that it is not child appropriate - at least the language I've heard is not.






10.  Royal Family Photo and Royal Engagement Photos - isn't it great to have some happy news? I love the royals in the news right now and have enjoyed looking at the beautiful pictures that have come out recently.








So, that it for me this week? What's caught your eye?

No comments: