Today is our first teacher professional development day of the year. That means a lot of meetings. I'm still new to the middle school game, so I have no idea what these meetings entail or how they are different from the long and boring elementary meetings I was accustomed to sitting through. I have a book packed in my bag just in case an opportunity to read presents itself, along with a notebook to jot down the many things I keep meaning to add to my "to do" list.
I did find some great things online this week - and despite it being nearly 90 degrees here today, most of them scream "fall."
1. Breathe Logo T - I have plenty of old, icky t-shirts to work out in. But this shirt is what I wish I had to exercise in. I think I'm due for a t-shirt upgrade soon, and new t's from Gapfit would be perfect.
2. Women's Floral Tiered Ruffle Blouse - I saw this at Target and wish they would have had it in my size. I have an outdoor wedding to attend next weekend, and I don't really feel like wearing a skirt to something outdoors when it might be cool - especially since I think the evening activities are also outdoor ones. I might try a different Target this weekend with the hopes that they have this same shirt in stock. (BTW I have navy dress pants from my most recent StitchFix delivery that would work well with it).
3. Slouchy Crop Denim Overalls - it feels like not that long ago that I had a few pairs of Gap overalls in my closet. They are long gone, but lo and behold, the overalls are back in style. I don't think they would be something I'd pick right now to add to my closet, but I still like them.
4. Women's Sherpa Lined Twill Parka - who wouldn't love a camo jacket to wear in the winter?!
5. Asymmetrical Snap Pullover - I actually ordered this for myself and was excited it arrived yesterday. It's cozy and warm which isn't something I need right now since the temps are supposed to reach the upper 80s today, but soon I will be happy to reach for it.
6. Patchwork Salutation 7/8 Tight - there are some new tights at Athleta for the fall. I like a lot of them and I'm thinking that when I upgrade my t-shirts, I might need to upgrade my leggings as well.
7. Library Card Mug -these are sold individually or in a set of four different colors for $30 for the set. I so want these.
8. TOMS Classic Aplargata Crepe Slip-On - and I've found a new pair of shoes that I've ordered and worn already. My heels are super narrow and I always have a problem with shoes slipping. These do slip a little on me, but they're not bad. I've never had TOMS before, and so far I'm happy with them.
9. Women Fluffy Yarn Fleece Full Zip Jacket -Uniqlo is a store I wish I had more access to. I like looking online but I like seeing their products even more in person. This fuzzy jacket looks like I'm getting ready for winter.
10. The Home Front Audible - I like anything about World War II a lot. Listening to Martin Sheen and the various people share their experiences during the war is so interesting.
So how about you? What's caught your eye this week?