Tuesday, August 22, 2017

TLC Book Tour: Girl With Kaleidoscope Eyes

I love a good mystery and after some of the heavier things I've been reading, I was ready for this fun book




The Girl With Kaleidoscope Eyes is set in 1992, the ninth book in this mystery series. Although I wish I would have read the previous eight books (just my own personal preference with reading series books), this book does stand alone.  

"Hoagy" (Stewart Hoag) is a ghost writer and amateur sleuth. He finds himself caught up in a mystery when a former love, Reggie, and her sister Monette come back into his life.  Both girls are estranged from their father because of a memoir Monette wrote accusing her father of sexually abusing them.  Now after the passage of twenty years the girls believe their father has contacted them again.  Hoagy's detective skills are especially needed when a murder is committed and he must find the killer.

This is a fun series. I liked the characters and I enjoyed the plot. I also liked the 1992 setting which felt a little bit nostalgic to me.  This book was a perfect read as I go back to work and want to be entertained.  I thought I had things figured out, but Handler surprised me in the end. 

Readers who enjoy mysteries, stand alone, or series, will find this a fun book.  


Thanks to TLC Books for providing a copy of this book for my review.  All opinions expressed are, as always, my own.
For more information visit the HarperCollins website.

1 comment:

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

I was in high school in the early 1990s - I think I'd enjoy a visit back to that era!

Thanks for being a part of the tour.