Monday, May 29, 2017

TLC Book Tour: Vanishing Point



Synopsis taken from Goodreads:
Angela Dunnewald s sense of self, of direction, is fraying. She finds herself lost and alone despite a calendar full of society events, charity meetings, shopping dates, and dinners her aloof husband expects her to attend. Her best friend is a vivacious flirt, but Angela only strays when she discovers a young drifter haunting the grounds of her house. Desire to be intimate unlocks the need for achievement; Angela becomes unrecognizable to her peers and to herself. Legter's new novel offers betrayal, passion, secrets, and truth, all from inside a world that threatens to suffocate to the vanishing point.

My Thoughts:

Legter's story is one I think many people can identify with.  Angela is unhappy in her  marriage, just going through the motions every day.  Although she has financial stability and seems to have a good life if just going on outward appearance, she is lonely and depressed.  

Angela's method of dealing with her life is to have an affair with a drifter.  Although I can't entirely identify with that choice, it allows Angela to feel alive and desirable again.  The idea of someone in Angela's social position having an affair with a drifter seems rather unbelievable. However, I also see Angela's desperation, and have witnessed women and men make decisions in their personal lives that seem out of character and unbelievable.  

Legter's Vanishing Point would be a great book club selection.  As I was reading I could find many different things I wanted to talk over with someone else.  Well written with great character development, Vanishing Point is my second experience with Legter's work. To read my review of her previous novel, Connected Underneath, click here.


Thanks to TLC Book Tours for providing a copy of this book for my review.  All opinions expressed are, as always, my own.



3 comments:

lml said...

Thanks to Tina's Blog! I really appreciate the time and energy you devote to these reviews. All best -- E.V.

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

I think my old book club would have really enjoyed this one - too bad we don't meet anymore!

Thanks for being a part of the tour!

lml said...

Thanks, Heather. Spread the word!